HomeAbout UsOur Station

 

Our Station


The Heathcote / Headquarters Bush Fire Brigade was formed in June 1987 as a result of the merger of two brigades that were located in the Heathcote township.

  • The Heathcote Bush Fire Brigade had been formed in 1942/43 as a Bushfire Brigade to protect the local community and operated out of the station located on Bottleforest Road.
  • The Headquarters Bush Fire Brigade was formed in 1974 as a support brigade for the Sutherland Shire Bushfire Organisation and operated out of the station located at Wilson Parade (now home to the SES).
  • The 2 brigades joined together in June 1987, basing itself out of the now SES compound at the Sutherland Fire Control Centre at Heathcote.
  • In 1997, with the introduction of the Rural Fires Act, the brigade became known as Heathcote/Headquarters Rural Fire Brigade.
  • In the year 2000, a new station was built for us, still at Heathcote, on the other side of the Fire Control Centre, in a large garage, enabling us to house our 4 trucks and personnel carrier.
Free business joomla templates